11 March 2018

Why I Don't Want to Stop Using Instagram



This is going to be a brain dump of complaints about Instagram and complaints about other people complaining. We all are entitled to our own thoughts, and I just wanted to share mine. I'd love to hear your personal opinions in the comments!

A lot of talk has been floating around online about an alternative to Instagram. (Like Vero, which I will never use because I don't want to pay for something just as complicated as another Facebook and because the owner has questionable morals) Now, I am super frustrated with how Instagram has been changing its algorithm in the past year, making it harder and harder for my followers to see my posts. It's annoying that I don't see posts from most of the 400+ accounts I follow. The posts on my feed are out of order and from the same few people I interact with regularly.

I do social media for a living, so understanding and navigating through the increasingly murky waters of Instagram is something I can't hide from. I'm always trying to keep up with the newest algorithm changes that might not even be accurate (because Instagram is not a very transparent company...)

Nevertheless, I don't want to leave Instagram. I don't welcome change with open arms, especially when it comes to starting over from ground zero.

Here is my list of whiny reasons:

  • I have a great base of followers who I love interacting with
  • I love how I've gotten my feed to look lately
  • I know the platform and have gotten into a good rhythm
  • All my friends are there already
  • It's so easy to search for photos for inspiration, motivation, and passing the time
  • It's so simple, any other new platform would have to be just as simple
  • It doesn't get political (unless you read comments/follow certain accounts)
  • Trying to guess the algorithm is almost like a game for me
  • Posting coords motivates me to dress up/wear my expensive ass hobby
  • I use it as my modeling/marketing portfolio
  • Even though I've lost "engagement" which is demoralizing, it motivates me to improve my photography, copywriting, networking, and general content creating skills
  • I just don't like change, okay?!

What are yours?


Photo credit to Claire/Maximumclaire






Thank you for reading my blog, it really means a lot. 

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe. 

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. On top of this, I have gotten into Instagram relatively recently, sometime around December 2016, so I really don't want to jump ship now to learn something new from scratch only to inevitably find that that doesn't meet my expectations/isn't used by as many people/that changes its algorithm to something unfavourable. I tried AliceHolic, since I use IG pretty much exclusively for Lolita fashion, but that doesn't work as well and the app is sluggish. So I'd just rather stick with IG and try to figure that out.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT FORM MESSAGE IS HERE